Ministry Corner

''The PreachingTeachingSoccerMommy

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
Its so nice to meet you Passionate about preaching, teaching and sharing the Good News with others. I celebrate the love of God and find its ability to manifest in all areas of life..ministry, marriage, motherhood and friendship just amazing! Enjoy the Blog and Invite a Friend to drop by...

Categories

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A shout out to my best friend, My husband


I love marriage! No not the wedding gown, glamour and glitz. That was wonderful but those are now just memories. However there is a substance to my marriage that is far more than superficial. We're best buds. I enjoy the friendship I have with my husband. We can laugh and cry together. We celebrate our victories and weather the storms of life together. I still find his eyes dreamy- watch out McDreamy!
He's my confidant, my shoulder to lean on, my prayer partner. He will rebuke me when needed! Can you imagine that? He has got to be a patient man- one who stands firmly on the Word of God.
My husband is a family oriented man; and is not ashamed that God has taught him to be a godly father.
My husband is a man of character, a man of God - he's got some real Boaz like qualities. True in the beginning of our marriage I did not really understand how God was processing him, preparing him for such an Anointed ministry. He has a word of fire in his belly. Tony is a true prophet of the Living God. I have seen him refuse to sell out to the enemy. He has refused to denounce his calling as a prophet to fit in. I admire that about him.
This past weekend my heart beamed with pride. My hubby was featured as a guest on the Powerful Living podcast that I co host with Prophetess Queen Esther Phillips. He spoke so eloquently. This man is awesome. He gave a word to fathers regarding their sons. He spoke about so many topics that have been stereotyped as "to emotional for real men". Well, the prophet went there!
His responses were so powerful and so needed in the body at this time. He encouraged men that it's okay to cry, it's okay to hug your sons and kiss them. Tony shared that this display of emotion does not alter your masculinity. As a matter of fact, it is a means of showing the love and compassion of Christ.
As God is propelling him into the office of a pastor there are changes.
I see the hunger for the lost on a new level, the patience, the closer walk with the Father (he refers to him as Abba).
I think of my friend and I smile. He has pressed through and is standing on the promises God made to him. No one is able to shake him-he is determined to be obedient. Doors have opened for ministry- the right doors. As he walks through, I'm honored to be there. I'm cheering him on in the spirit. God calls him friend and so do I.
I love you honey, Go forth and preach the Word of the True and Living God!