Ministry Corner

''The PreachingTeachingSoccerMommy

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
Its so nice to meet you Passionate about preaching, teaching and sharing the Good News with others. I celebrate the love of God and find its ability to manifest in all areas of life..ministry, marriage, motherhood and friendship just amazing! Enjoy the Blog and Invite a Friend to drop by...

Categories

Monday, January 5, 2009

Now that's what a miracle looks like!


Wow! 2008 was filled with the fulfillment of the promises of God. My grandson, D'Anthony Allen Young was born on November 1, 2008. He's an angel sent from Heaven. Calm spirited yet firm when it's feeding time! Several moments flashed through my heart the first time I held him. I remembered the painstaking moment that my husband, my daughter and myself learned she would become a parent. It hurt, it was discomforting- not my baby, Lord I cried bitterly. I wept many days and some nights I laid awake worrying that the my little girl (though she was 18) was not ready for this level in life. I remember feeling like I wanted yell and kick the anger out of my heart. This was not the plan we discussed, not a path we were to walk. The pregnancy was challenging, my daughter experienced preterm labor, constant morning sickness, she was weak and feeble, frightened by the changes in her body and mind. This hurt as a mother,I did what I knew to do. This was a spiritual journey, not a time to wallow in the fleshy places. So I would like to share this with someone who maybe experiencing this situation
1. I reminded her of the unconditional love of God. I along with my husband worked to dispel a spirit of condemnation.
2. We showed the love of Christ, self had to get out of the way. After all, we were preparing to receive a miracle not a mess! A prophet was coming to our house! How blessed are we.
3. I embraced and began to operate in what I call the ministry of presence. I made myself available for concerns she had, fears, questions, tears and of course Ultrasounds- he was a cutie even in the womb. I taught, shared and walked by my baby girl's side assuring her that God was with her and would never leave her.
4. Prayer and open communication with the Father when the emotional pain struck- and it did. I had Godly friends that ministered to us and helped us through.
5. I remembered that God was in a Covenant relationship with not only me but my seed and my seed's seed. So D'Anthony's life was covered before he was formed in his mother's womb- God is awesome
6. We just outright loved on her- pedicures, lunch with my sister and I, nursery decorating etc..
7. We did not condone the act but refused to bring condemnation to mother or child. There was no way the devil was going to develop a pattern of low self esteem/worth in this girl's life.
8.The foundation was set, I not only confessed the Word in her life- I introduced her to the Word. Although, she may have strayed there has to be a return to the Word in this lifetime. God is faithful, His Word is set and through Christ it was fulfilled- so who am I to believe otherwise!
Now as I hold my littlest angel in the house- I smile and am reminded of the Father's love, protection and miracle working power. God kept him in the womb, he's a cuddle bear, loves to coo, laugh and smile.
He is a daily reminder that God gives Beauty for Ashes.
So publicly to my grandson I say,"I love you D'Anthony you have added to my life in a way only God could orchestrate".
Love, Nana

1 comment:

Anitra said...

"V", this is soooo beautiful, heartwarming and it brought tears to my eyes. The picture is worth a million words, not a thousand. I told you that your really had a knack for writing. The words just flow and that is one of the things that I find interesting in your blogs. Did "Dari" tell you that I saw her in the store this past weekend? She was glowing of motherhood, which is a beautiful thing. Your family is so blessed and fortunate. I miss you guys.

-Love, Anitra