Ministry Corner

''The PreachingTeachingSoccerMommy

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
Its so nice to meet you Passionate about preaching, teaching and sharing the Good News with others. I celebrate the love of God and find its ability to manifest in all areas of life..ministry, marriage, motherhood and friendship just amazing! Enjoy the Blog and Invite a Friend to drop by...

Categories

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

January is National Mentor Month.. A Tribute to My Mentor

January 21rst is “Tell Your Mentor Thank You Day”!
Well my mentor has passed on to glory. However, a public thank you is befitting...
I had the fortunate experience of being mentored by my own mother. My mother spent countless hours of time encouraging, instilling and motivating me to go beyond the norm. I was taught the value of a good education and how to apply the learned material. My mother instilled and helped to develop leadership skills necessary for my future. She challenged me to expand my thinking beyond average and strive for the best. I learned that life though it holds many turns can be lived to the fullest. my mother worked with children from less fortunate families by tutoring them, exposing them to cultural activities etc. She believed in charity and goodwill and lived her life accordingly.
Thanks Mom for your hard work and great example!

No comments: